ISO 9001 QMS Standard
The ISO 9000 family of quality management systems (QMS) is a set of standards that helps organizations ensure they meet customers and other stakeholder needs within statutory and regulatory requirements related to a product or service.ISO 9000 deals with the fundamentals of quality management systems, including the seven quality management principles that underlie the family of standards. ISO 9001 deals with the requirements that organizations wishing to meet the standard must fulfil.
Third-party certification bodies provide independent confirmation that organizations meet the requirements of ISO 9001. Over one million organizations worldwide are independently certified, making ISO 9001 one of the most widely used management tools in the world today. However, the ISO certification process has been criticized as a self-published source? as being wasteful and not being useful for all organizations.
ISO 9001 helps organizations ensure their customers consistently receive high-quality products and services, which in turn brings many benefits, including satisfied customers, management, and employees.
Because ISO 9001 specifies the requirements for an effective quality management system, organizations find that using the standard helps them:
- Organize a QMS
- Create satisfied customers, management, and employees
- Continually improve their processes
- Save costs
The Concept of Quality Management
A Quality Management System in its basic concept is quite simple. It seeks to,
· Recognize interested party requirements including Licenses to Trade, guidelines, customer requirements, and the chosen management system standard(s).
· Ensure that all requirements have been met.
· Confirm that employees receive applicable training in the quality system requirements.
· Determine processes, their interaction, inputs and outputs.
· Produce records or evidence that system requirements have been met.
· Measure, monitor and report the performance of the QMS.
· Plan changes to the QMS and take actions to address risks and opportunities as a result of changes.
· Perform internal audit to analyze the QMS and correct nonconformities.
· Continually improve the QMS.
You can also have a basic understanding through free knowledge development through our basic training material:GQMS Assesment and Standardization Pvt Ltd.